ROWAN LEGAL provides clients with comprehensive legal support in business transactions; within development and investment projects as well as usual day-to-day activity. Legal consultancy is based on detailed knowledge of the law and related judicature and legal theory that the firm’s lawyers continuously confront with the changing business environment and status of society.
ROWAN LEGAL covers all areas of law associated with the activity of entrepreneurs and public administration. In addition to the standard legal branches, it has developed some legal specializations thanks to which it ranks among the best European law firms. For example, the legal support of business transactions to their entire extent, law of information technologies, outsourcing and telecommunications, resolution of national disputes and arbitrations, international commercial arbitrations and investment disputes, public investments, support of investment projects, pharmacy and health industry, banking and finance, support of projects in the defence industry and in mergers, acquisitions and the creation of joint venture structures.
Investment and Development Projects
ROWAN LEGAL provides its clients with legal support in implementing extensive investment and development projects.
ROWAN LEGAL provides the following services in relation to investment and development projects:
- Preparing analyses of the regulatory environment, advising as to the suitable legal forms and structures for the investment or project, conducting feasibility studies
- Negotiating and preparing contractual documentation
- Providing advisory services with respect to project finance
- Providing legal support throughout the entire life cycle of an investment project
- Providing legal opinions on individual issues or problems which are capable of arising during the implementation of an investment project
If necessary, the firm is able to offer legal services with respect to corporate matters relating to investment projects.
Such legal services are provided with a view to preventing potential problems or disputes in the implementation of investment projects and in order to set advantageous contractual conditions for the client.
We also provide representation for clients in any negotiations and mediation which may arise from an investment or development project, and should the need arise, also provide representation before court or arbitration proceedings.
The law firm has experience with projects such as:
- The development of medical facilities
- The development of investment projects in transport
- The development of data centres
- The development of multifunctional sports halls and centres
- The development and operation (facility management) of office buildings and shopping centres
- The development of accommodation facilities and residential complexes
- The development and operating of parking facilities
Investment and Development Projects - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL provides legal support with respect to IT system engineering, outsourcing projects and protection of rights related to software, data or domains.
In ICT, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal support to clients such as suppliers and customers with respect to IT system engineering, project outsourcing and protection of rights pertaining to software, company data or domains. The office also provides services in electronic communications, e-commerce and other areas related to virtual environment.
In ICT law, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal consultancy to the suppliers and purchasers of information systems from the preparation phase of a particular project, through contractual arrangements, up to its implementation and completion. The office participated in many projects implementing extensive information systems, outsourcing information systems and key IT services.
ROWAN LEGAL works out methods of procedure for clients that considerably help them in their business activity. These include systems of template contracts always drawn up in close coordination with the client’s legal and sales departments, regular updating of template contracts in compliance with the development of the law, court interpretations and the development of legal theory and regular sales training – for client’s employees handling the contracts.
- Supplies of Information Systems and Services
- Software Law and Protection of Intellectual Property in IT
- Electronic Communications
ICT Law - Lawyers
Public Investments and PPP Projects
In public investments, ROWAN LEGAL provides ad hoc and comprehensive legal support to clients such as contracting authorities.
It offers services such as implementation of turn key public orders, processing of tender and contractual documentation, and support to applicants in the preparation of tenders.
ROWAN LEGAL provides entities awarding public contracts with legal support in the preparation of tender documentation during the process of awarding public contracts, and during proceedings before the Office for theProtection of Competition.
The office gives legal support to applicants in the form of consultations, comprehensive processing of the statutory elements of bids and preparing the contractual requisites of projects.
ROWAN LEGAL also provides legal support in relation to PPP projects, i.e. within concession and quasi-concession proceedings.
- Public Orders for Contracting Authorities
- Representation of Applicants
- PPP Projects
Public Investments and PPP Projects - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL has long-term experience with representing clients before domestic and international courts and arbitration tribunals.
In addition to court proceedings, it provides clients with legal support in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) which includes mediations, negotiations and arbitration proceedings. ROWAN LEGAL has rich experience with the resolution of disputes within international arbitrations conducted under several sets of rules (ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL etc.).
ROWAN LEGAL represents clients’ interests in all phases of the dispute resolution. In addition to the standard tools for defending rights, ROWAN LEGAL has long dealt with alternative techniques of dispute resolution, such as arbitration, mediation and negotiation. The office has been dealing with many disputes before domestic courts and arbitration tribunals, including international commercial arbitration and investment disputes.
The services provided by ROWAN LEGAL in dispute resolution comprise:
- Legal analyses of the facts and proposing a strategy
- Representing clients in negotiations on conciliatory resolution, including techniques for negotiation and mediation with the support of professional mediators and negotiators
- Representing clients before courts and arbitration tribunals
- Legal support in the enforcement of a decision
- Participation in all forms and techniques of alternative dispute resolution
- National Disputes
- International Arbitration and Investment Disputes
Dispute Resolution - Lawyers
Banking and Finance
ROWAN LEGAL provides counselling to banks, securities traders and other entities operating on the financial services market in any area of bank and finance law.
The office provides legal support in debt finance – especially in relation to lending (both bilateral and syndicate), security instruments, bill of exchange programs and issuing bonds.
In the area of trade finance, ROWAN LEGAL deals with letters of credit, bank guarantees, factoring and forfaiting. It provides legal counselling in relation to any financial market transactions with specialisation on financial derivatives. An important specialised field of the office is also regulation of the financial market and representation of entities in administrative proceedings before the respective regulators.
Top positioning of the office in IT law represents an advantage bringing synergy effects in the field of electronic platforms for bank and financial transactions. In addition, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal counselling in relation to the stated transactions with an international element.
ROWAN LEGAL provides especially the following services:
- Comprehensive legal support in the field of negotiating contracts related to bank or financial transactions
- Working out legal opinions and analyses related to financial and bank services
- Representation in administrative proceedings before respective regulatory bodies
- Representation in relation to disputes arising from bank and financial transactions
Banking and Finance - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL provides support in negotiating the conditions of business contracts and processing contractual documentation.
The aim is always to protect the client’s interests in preserving rationality and balancing a business relation.
Regarding support of business transactions ROWAN LEGAL provides services such as:
- Support in negotiating contractual conditions with respect to particular projects
- Preparing legal analyses and opinions for particular business transactions
- Preparing contractual documentation with an emphasis on ensuring the highest possible rate of legal certainty for clients
- Preparing a system of sample contracts and manuals for work in close cooperation with traders and the client’s project managers
- Support of Business Transactions
- International Business Relations
- Competition Law
Business Transactions - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL offers services to business companies relating to the performance of their statutory duties and their administration (changes in the registered office, changes in the executives, transformation and so on).
The firm specialises in the implementation of mergers and acquisitions and the formation of joint venture structures both on the national and international level.
In the field of corporate law, ROWAN LEGAL provides services such as:
- Company formation
- Complete administration of the corporate documents of legal entities
- Legal support with respect to transformations, selling companies, alterations of registered capital
- Legal consultancy and representing clients in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings
- Consultancy relating to holding companies and cartels
- Taking care of extensive projects for national and international mergers and acquisitions of business companies
- Comprehensive consultancy in dealing with transaction projects, including related areas (advice in relation to antitrust regulations, transfers of employees, protecting data, transfers of rights to intellectual property and so on)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Corporate Governance
Corporate Law - Lawyers
In energy, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal services to domestic and foreign investors and suppliers, dealing with topics such as building photovoltaic plants and developing other alternative energy resources.
It offers legal services to the energy companies and other participants in the electricity, gas or heating markets. ROWAN LEGAL monitors the development of energetic trends and changes in international, European and national legislation.
In energy law, ROWAN LEGAL provides closely specialised legal services in many partial branches. Legal support may be used by both foreign and domestic investors and suppliers in implementing projects for constructing new energy facilities and in modernising energy infrastructures.
In this branch, ROWAN LEGAL provides services such as:
- Monitoring of legal regulations and regulatory measures
- Ensuring contact with regulatory bodies
- Negotiating and preparing contractual documentation
- Representation in negotiations with authorities, in particular in proceedings on granting licenses and other permits
The firm offers comprehensive and long-term legal consultancy to investors in photovoltaic sources.
Legal support relates to:
- Regulating relations between producers, suppliers, purchasers of energy and network operators
- Legal assistance in enforcing claims by energy companies against purchasers arising, for example, from unauthorised use of energy
- Legal services in the corporate area and in the setting of companies’ relations within the energy holdings
- Monitoring amendments to European and national energy legislation and other special regulations
ROWAN LEGAL also deals with the issue of the legal regulation of international energy cooperation and pays attention to issues of the international transit of energy products and materials and energy safety.
Energy - Lawyers
Human Resources - Lawyers
In media law, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal support to the publishers of printed periodicals and the operators of electronic media and to companies dealing with media monitoring and other related areas.
The office provides services to persons affected by the unauthorised encroachment on the right to protection of reputation (natural persons) or the name and good reputation (legal persons). An integral part of the services of ROWAN LEGAL in media law is the protection of author’s rights.
ROWAN LEGAL provides clients with consultancy in the areas such as:
- Concluding business contracts
- Dealing with relations between authors and publishers or media operators
- Representation in negotiations with the collective administrators of authors’ rights
- Dealing with relations between the media and providers of the related services (monitoring the media and so on)
- Regulating employment relations in the media, account being taken of the protection of authors’ rights
- Preventive protection against disputes in protection of natural persons’ reputation and the names and good reputation of legal persons
- Legal support with regulation of advertising, television and radio broadcasting;
- Legal support in the provision of services on the Internet, including dealing with the liability of the operators of Internet media for its contents
- Representation before courts and regulatory bodies.
Media Law - Lawyers
Regarding intellectual property rights, ROWAN LEGAL provides legal support in the protection of author’s rights and industrial property rights (patents, trademarks, utility designs and so on).
It places a big emphasis in particular on the correct setting of contracts and legal relations with the aim of preventative protection of intellectual property. In the case of a violation of rights, the office represents clients before domestic and foreign courts and tribunals.
Legal services in intellectual property include consultancy on author’s rights, and ensuring registration and protection of trademarks, patents, etc.
The primary goal of the legal services offered is to prevent, by preventive measures, future violation of rights. In the case of an unauthorised infringement of intellectual property rights, these situations are dealt with in the form of negotiations with the violators through formal channels such as the courts or arbitration.
- Other Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual Property - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL provides legal support to suppliers and purchasers of military and safety material and related services in negotiations on contracts or ensuring official permits.
The traditional specialization of ROWAN LEGAL is consultancy in the defence industry, and on military material and safety.
The legal services provided by the office in this area include:
- Negotiating and concluding contracts relating to supplies of military and safety material or the provision of related services
- Organising public orders and support with respect to participation in them
- Obtaining and maintaining the necessary official permits
- Negotiating with competent administrative authorities
- Legal support in negotiating and implementing offset projects
- Obtaining permits and licences for the trade in military material and trade licences for the commerce and services relating to safety material
ROWAN LEGAL offers the services of lawyers who have been specialising for many years in negotiations and negotiation tactics when concluding business contracts. Thanks to the experience and versatile specialisation, the firm is able to provide all support and representation in disputes before courts and arbitration tribunals that are, with regard to the specifics of this area, very complex and unique.
The special features of the military and safety sphere bring problems and risks for the contracting authorities of public orders and for the parties to the respective public contract award procedures. The services of the law firm minimise the risks arising from the specific nature of this area and prevent legal mistakes that may have serious consequences in this area.
Defence Industry - Lawyers
ROWAN LEGAL provides legal services in various areas of the pharmaceutical and health industries.
The legal services of ROWAN LEGAL are sought by notable pharmaceutical companies, particularly advise on regulation of medicaments and medical aids, advertisements and ethical codes of conduct. In the health sector, the office provides legal support to hospitals and other medical facilities as well as to patients and other respective entities.
ROWAN LEGAL provides clients with services such as:
- Preparing legal analyses and opinions on listing medicines on the respective lists
- Legal support with the price regulation of medicines
- Representing clients and preparing a strategy with respect to negotiations with state administration bodies in the pharmaceutical and health sectors
- Legal consultancy on European regulation of the pharmaceutical and health sectors
- Legal support in the business relations of medical facilities (supplier contracts, relations with insurers and so on)
- Dealing with legal relations regarding liability for damage associated with the operation of medical facilities